When you embark on a fitness journey, it’s important to choose the right gear. For some, the mountain is steeper than others, but who doesn’t enjoy a challenge? One of the best pieces of home gym equipment is a rower. With a rower, you get a low-impact cardio workout that effectively burns calories. Hence, both newcomers and seasoned fitness enthusiasts enjoy a good row. For heavy people, a good place to start is with the best rowing machine 350 lb weight capacity model.
In most cases, a 350 lb capacity rower is a piece of home cardio equipment that will last you a lifetime. As you progress along your fitness journey, you’ll find that it continues to serve you well. In this article, I share the best rowers with a 350 lb weight limit. By the time you leave here today, you’ll know everything you need about the top rowers in this category.
Let’s start with an overview of the rowers with the most important specs to consider for each. After that, we’ll take a closer look at each rower to help you land on your best match.
Top 5 Rowers With a 350 LB Weight Limit
How to Choose a 350 LB Capacity Rower
Below, I put together a summary of the key factors to consider when choosing a rower:
- Weight Capacity or Weight Limit – While this one is obvious, it’s important to reinforce the idea to check the weight capacity of the rower. Trustworthy brands will clearly list accurate capacities. On the other hand, I’ve seen mislabeled capacities by lesser-known brands. For example, you buy a machine that says 350 lb weight capacity in the description, and it shows up with a sticker that says 285 lbs. Because of this, I researched each model in this guide to verify capacities.
- Footprint – Since rowers are inherently long, you’ll want to make sure that you have enough space. Also, tall and heavy people will want to choose longer rowers because they have longer rails. This way, you get a full range of motion during your workout. Also, check the folded dimensions if the model you choose folds or the upright dimensions if it stores vertically.
- Rower Type – The main types of rowers in this category are magnetic, water, and hydraulic. In most cases, you’ll want to stick with a magnetic or water model to get the best workout. If you’re a renter who’s tighter on space, then a hydraulic model is typically the best rowing machine for a small apartment.
- Warranty – Generally, anytime you purchase a piece of home gym equipment, you want it to stand the test of time. For this reason, it’s best to stick with companies that clearly state their warranty terms in their product descriptions. By taking this step, you know what you’re getting into.
Overall, those are the most important points to consider.
Reviews: Best Rowing Machine 350 LB Weight Capacity
In the following sections, I share reviews of each machine from the table above.
#1) Xterra Fitness ERG700 Air & Magnetic Rower
Xterra Fitness is one of the more well-known and reliable companies in the home cardio equipment space. Of their available rower models, the ERG700 is the best one for heavy people. Firstly, the raised 20″ seat height makes this machine easy to mount/dismount. On top of that, the wide contoured seat is one of the comfiest you’ll find.
Second, the machine is built with premium materials, including an aluminum rail system for smoother strokes. Chances are that you’ll quickly realize that this is one of the quietest rowing machines available. Third, the ERG700 also happens to be a folding model with large transportation wheels. So, if you plan to store your rower between uses, this model is a good choice.
Several final considerations are the large resistance range, lifetime frame warranty, and the simple console interface to track your fitness stats. All in all, the ERG700 is a wise investment for people who want a rowing machine that provides years and years of reliable use.
- 16 resistance levels for beginners to advanced users
- Folding design with large transportation wheels
- Higher seat height for easier mounting
- Quiet operation
- Sturdy construction for reliable support
- Longest warranty terms
- You may find that the distance stat is inaccurate
- Warranty service may take longer than expected
- The console is basic
#2) Yosuda Magnetic Rowing Machine
One of the best budget 350 lb weight capacity rowers is this one by Yosuda. While you may not have heard of the company, it does manufacture a wide range of reliable exercise equipment for competitive prices. In other words, you’d be hardpressed to find a good 350 lb rower for the current price this one is going for.
Beyond value, this rower does bring some interesting features into the mix that make it suitable for rowers of all skill levels. First, this machine is built for quiet performance with eight levels of resistance. While not as robust as the Xterra ERG700, Yosuda’s rower does offer a sufficient resistance range to help you break a sweat. Second, the large pedals are made to house large feet, so if you have wide or long feet, you’ll find comfort here.
Third, I like the nylon rope design. The wider strap shape will help you to preserve your form and feel more confident with your strokes. Lastly, this rower does feature a device holder and a very basic console. You’ll have no problem supporting a large tablet or your phone while you work out.
- A lot more affordable than big name brands
- Quiet operation below 30 dB
- Folds up for easy storage
- Easy assembly
- Smooth-gliding rail
- Advanced rowers may desire more resistance
- The console does not offer any preset programs
- Lower seat height than the ERG700
#3) Battife Real Solid Wood Rowing Machine
Now if you’re someone who appreciates the elegance of solid wood, then a wooden rowing machine is right up your alley. Comparatively, a wooden rowing machine isn’t something you’ll feel the need to hide when you host guests. Instead, it can serve as both an attractive piece of furniture and a fully-functional cardio machine.
With that being said, don’t let the elegant appearance of the Battife rower fool you. Water rowers offer users a real challenge and authentic rowing experience. Unlike magnetic rowers, water rowers add resistance by adding water to the tank rather than turning a knob. As you work your way up the ladder, simply add more water to the tank to increase the intensity of your workout.
Currently, this model is available in Natural Oak, Red Walnut, and Black Walnut to match your home’s decor. Additionally, Battife includes an electric pump for the water tank. Finally, Bluetooth connectivity allows you to sync this rower with fitness apps to record your stats. This way, you’re able to easily track your progress.
- Bluetooth connectivity and built-in phone holder
- Several solid wood frames to choose from to match your home’s decor
- Stands vertically for storage
- Soothing sounds of water as you row
- Electric water pump included
- The need to monitor and maintain the water tank
- The pedals are closer together than other models
- Assembly instructions could be better
#4) Xterra Fitness ERG650W Water Rowing Machine
The second and final Xterra rower in this guide is the ERG650W water rowing machine. If you weren’t a fan of the wooden model above and still crave a water rower, then the ERG650W is for you. For starters, this rower is made for comfort and smooth operation. At first glance, you’ll notice that the wide contoured seat is one that won’t get uncomfortable during even longer workout sessions.
Next, you’re better able to fine-tune your desired resistance by following the six resistance levels. Also, the ERG650W features a raised seat height similar to the ERG700. For this reason, the ERG650W is a good choice for seniors and those with mobility issues. As for construction, this model features heavy-duty aluminum rails that are the reason this machine comes with a lifetime warranty on the frame.
Another reason you may prefer the ERG650W over wooden rowers is the 45º tank angle for enhanced resistance. Also, the 16-blade impeller makes for a relaxing sound while you row. Lastly, the console on this model is one of the more modern ones available, and it offers 15 pre-programmed workouts to get you started.
- 45º tank for a larger resistance range
- Wide and comfy contoured seat
- Built like a tank
- 15 pre-programmed workouts to choose from
- Space-saving vertical storage
- Console battery life may feel short
- No Bluetooth connectivity
- The console could be easier to read and connect during assembly
#5) Sunny Health & Fitness SF-RW5639 Full Motion Rowing Machine
The final rower in this guide is an excellent option for people on a budget who are low on space. Additionally, newcomers to rowing will appreciate the full-motion arms that promote better form without extra concentration. Comparatively, this machine is more basic in nature. To use it, you simply push off with your feet while pulling back with your arms for a natural rowing motion.
Having said that, a rower of this size has a shorter rail than the full-size rowers above. Because of this, intermediate and advanced rowers may feel that the range of motion is too limited. Also, while the twelve levels of resistance may seem like a lot, hydraulic rowers can only provide so much resistance. Comparatively, at full resistance, this one won’t give you the same burn as a water rower.
Several final considerations are that it’s lightweight (easy to move), its compact footprint, and it does include a console with basic fitness stat tracking. All in all, people who are new to rowing and on a budget will find the most value here.
- One of the highest weight capacities offered by a compact rower
- A compact footprint for people low on space
- The full-motion arms encourage proper form
- No cheap plastic parts
- Easy on the joints
- Intermediate and advanced rowers will most likely desire more resistance
- May shift during use on hard floors
- Limited fitness stat tracking
When choosing the best rowing machine with a 350 lb capacity, the first step is to do a little brainstorming. What are your fitness goals? Do you want a machine that will last you a lifetime? If you plan to stick to your workout routine, then it’s important to invest in quality workout equipment that won’t turn into a dust collector.
By investing in a machine that’s sturdy, smooth, and comfortable to use, you’re more likely to stick to your exercise schedule. The rowers in this guide are all excellent choices for rowers of all skill levels. Your only requirement is to match your needs and preferences to the right machine for you.
Once you do that, you have a better chance of choosing the right machine the first time. And with the right machine, the sky’s the limit to what you can accomplish in the comfort of your own home.